CHERISH : A Field Guide to the Human Heart
Join me in a tender revolution of the heart. This course of study and reflection is a dive into the mystery of what it means to be human, to be alive and to grow. My aim is to give you accessible teachings that you can use immediately as well insights that will continue to deepen long after the course ends.
Through this course, I hope to influence brilliant people like you to show up in the world with all of your heart and wisdom.
It’s time for love.
Is this course for you?
I have taught this material in various ways over the last 10 years to:
- ambitious, successful young women who are questioning the driven life, tired of living out the expectations of others
- women with young children feeling overwhelmed with parenting advice and maintaining a sense of self
- women in mid-life deepening into their callings and wanting to become more of who they are
- teachers who feel frustrated with the students in their care
- classrooms full of teenagers
Here is some of the feedback I've received from them about the impact of learning this material::
I am more confident and more relaxed (including in relationships, at work, and in parenting).
- I have clarity about what is truly important- which has decreased my stress.
- I understand how to work with emotions - mine, my children's, my friends', my partner's.
- I have a framework for understanding what is really going on in confusing personal and interpersonal situations.
- I trust myself.
I am a gentler, more generous and loving partner, parent, and person, without feeling like a doormat.
- I am less critical and controlling of those I love, including myself.
- It is easier for me to forgive myself and others.
- I don't sabotage myself like I used to.
- I feel like I am moving from a place of wisdom instead of being reactionary.
I understand myself holistically.
- After reading scads of self-help books, I finally feel like I can see a bigger picture.
- I have access to an intuitive lens that gives me a deeper insight into my intentions and motivations.
- I understand the impact of my upbringing and schooling in a way that is freeing, not confining.
- I am aware of cultural beliefs that were holding me back, and in letting them go I am able to show up more fully.
I feel more alive and more human.
- I can feel into what is wanting to come forth - creatively, developmentally, spiritually.
- I understand the deeper purpose of my work and my relationships (including parenting).
- I feeI my feminine energy has awakened after being neglected.
- I am grounded in nurturing and joyful principles.
"I can't recommend this course highly enough. I have found it to be healing, relieving, illuminating, moving and so helpful. Lianne is a gifted thinker and teacher. I have applied the ideas from this course in all aspects of my life, with wonderful effects. "
Tara Mohr, author of Playing Big: Practical Wisdom for Women Who Want to Speak Up, Create and Lead
How the Course Works
CHERISH is a 3 month, rich learning experience that begins March 29th and goes through to June 28th. The materials are entirely virtual and portable - so you don't have to be tied to your screen. You will get:
10 easy to download audio lessons, delivered weekly
4 live integration calls with Lianne on Wednesdays at 5pm pacific time (recorded for those who can’t attend live)
Journaling activities - reflection questions to deepen your understanding
Fieldwork - simple practices to put learning into action
Soul space - audio stories and guided visualizations that enhance the themes of the course
Touchstones - printable poems and quotes that reinforce the major themes - perfect for the bathroom mirror or refrigerator
Supplemental curriculum related articles and video links for reinforcement and exposition
Access to a private Facebook group for further connection, support and processing of ideas
A robust bibliography for further exploration and lifelong learning
Cherish sneaks up on you. At first, it might feel like familiar territory. Then gradually, you'll realize that it's re-mapping what you thought you knew, forging connections you hadn't seen before, and giving shape to inklings you might have had, but haven't been able to articulate.
I emerged with a transformed sense of my own capacities – as a teacher, parent, and leader, as well as within myself. This is some seriously profound work, wrapped up in a gentle and accessible package.
Lauren Bacon, author of Curious for a Living and Boss Lady
Cherish Core Curriculum
Part 1: A Seed is Sown
Lesson 1 - The fertile soil and nourishing climate
Understanding the significant and often neglected purpose of emotions, distinguishing between emotions and feelings, and nourishing your emotional life
Lesson 2 - Pulling up weeds
Uncovering the three most damaging beliefs of our culture so they can stop influencing you unconsciously
Lesson 3 - Detoxifying the climate
Examining the shadow sides of praise, productivity and independence so they no longer interfere with your motivation and creativity
Part 2: Putting Down Roots
Lesson 4 - Getting grounded
How to cultivate deeper relationships by understanding the true purpose of attachment and the six stages of attachment
Lesson 5 - Going deeper
How to develop mature intimacy and understand the nature of adult attachment
Lesson 6 - Storms that Uproot
Increasing your awareness of the impact of schooling and peer orientation so you can free yourself from comparing, controlling and bullying behaviours
Part 3: Branching Out
Lesson 7 - Growing Up
Understanding the journey of the inner masculine from child to true independence and how you become your own person
Lesson 8 - Growing Out
Understanding the the journey of the inner feminine to wholeness and connection
Part 4: Bearing Fruit
Lesson 9 - Tender & Alive
Realizing your empowered vulnerability and genuine creative expression from a place of maturity
Lesson 10 - Full Circle
Embracing your confident presence - with generosity, healthy empathy and the ability to nurture new seeds of growth
This course is a true blessing. Lianne is a wise and gifted teacher and the content in Cherish is SO incredibly useful and needed. The wisdom of her teachings feels as though it's coming from a sacred and ancient place but one that has been forgotten in our busy, "success" driven world. For anyone looking to slow down, drop in and learn practical steps for trusting yourself deeply and relating to others as a person (and/or a parent!) more authentically this course is for you.
Rebecca McLoughlin, of Beautiful Living at rebeccamcloughlin.com
Why I Am Excited to Share Cherish with You
In my years of coaching and teaching I realized that we needed an antidote to a world driven by a paradigm of "get shit done." In the busy-ness of doing, getting, and competing, we have lost our sense of being-ness and it is compromising our growth, our creativity and our relationships. Through this course I will share with you many of the insights, teachings and practices that have transformed my life and changed the lives of those I have worked with. I will be drawing on:
- what I’ve learned in the last 9 years coaching women as they uncovered what most gave their lives meaning and authenticity
- all I have learned studying with Dr. Gordon Neufeld since 2004- he is a brilliant developmental psychologist who teaches worldwide, but is based in Vancouver - lucky for me
- the work of Jungian analyst Marion Woodman - both through deep study of her writing and working with her protegé, Marlene Schiwy, for the last 9 years
- the work of relational psychologist Carol Gilligan
- trainings with Drs. John and Julie Gottman, founders of the Love Lab
- over 25 years of teaching, mentoring and nurturing diverse high school students through adolescence
You will benefit from the integration of my years of learning and exploration. In addition to my training, I have over 25 years teaching experience, including recently leading over 400 trainees through Danielle LaPorte's Desire Map Licensee Program - receiving raves from the participants. You are in good hands with me. I believe this is life changing and world changing. I would love to have you join me.
A little five minute chat about Cherish:
I’m so thankful to have had the opportunity to participate in a workshop with Lianne. She is the consummate facilitator - graceful, connected, warm - and despite the fact that this was a virtual experience with participants circling the globe, she has a magical way of creating true presence among us all. I’m honored to have been a part of something so special, and recommend Lianne’s work wholeheartedly.
Emily Nakkawita, pureplenty.com (participant in The Desire Map workshop)
Registration for Cherish is now closed. Please sign up below for my email list and you will be the first to know about the next offering.